O365 need to have a Autodicover.yourdomainname.com pointing to autodiscover.outlook.com when its come to autodiscovery configuration,
Here I’m going to highlight few things if you are facing and issue with configuring the outlook with 0365.
- Check whether you have added the correct CNAME record in your domain Cpannel and whether that is propagate correctly.
- To check the propagation, you can find some famous free web site from the Internet.
- Then by using Microsoft Tool, you can find where is the problem now and the resolution to solve that issue. Most of the time this will give you a hint to find a path to resolve the issue.
- if it says your computer is still not resolving DNS, then you can try one of the following method to resolve that.
In your PC or the Server you can do below mentioned task to forward your Autodiscover traffic to “autodiscover.outlook.com “
1.If you know the IP address of “autodiscover.outlook.com “ domain then add a host entry in your PC saying that “Atodicover.yourdomainname.com” traffic forward to that IP address which you have found.
2. If your PC or the server is in a domain environment, then add a CNAME in your DNS saying that for the “Autodicover.yourdomainname.com” traffic forward to “autodiscover.outlook.com “
Here you can find the steps for adding that in your DNS,
Go to DNS settings, Add a New Zone.
Select Primary zone in the next window,
Under that zone give your autodiscover address and the 0365 one.
Once that done that, go into CMD and check the DNS status.
Now you will able to resolve that O365 autodiscovery DNS issue.