Configuration Manager Primary Site Server Prerequisites
The following software must be installed before running Setup on a server to support the primary site server role:
Site Database Server Prerequisites
Configuration Manager 2007 primary sites require access to a SQL Server database to host the site database. The site database can be hosted on a SQL Server instance installed on the same server as the primary site, on a remote computer, or on a virtual SQL Server cluster instance. The following conditions apply:
- SQL Server 2005, Service Pack 2 is the earliest version of SQL Server supported for hosting the Configuration Manager 2007 site database. For more information about the SQL Server versions that are supported to host the site database, see Configuration Manager Supported Configurations.
- SQL Server Express editions are not supported for hosting the Configuration Manager 2007 site database.
- The SQL database service is the only SQL Server component required to be installed to host the site database.
SMS Provider Prerequisites
Because Configuration Manager 2007 allows you to install the SMS Provider on a computer other than the site server or site database server, you should check to ensure that the computer you have identified to install the SMS Provider on meets the following prerequisites:
- The SMS Provider must be installed on a computer in the same domain as the site server and site database server site systems.
The SMS Provider must be installed on a computer with the same operating system language as the site server's operating system language when a site contains site servers or clients with different language operating systems installed.
- The SMS Provider cannot be installed on a virtual SQL Server cluster computer or a physical computer hosting a virtual SQL Server cluster node.
- The SMS Provider cannot be installed on a computer already hosting the SMS Provider for another site.
- If applicable, the following updates should also be applied to the system before installing the SMS Provider:
Configuration Manager Secondary Site Server Prerequisites
If applicable, the following updates should be applied to the system before installing a secondary site server:
Configuration Manager Console Prerequisites
Before installing the Configuration Manager console on a remote computer, you should ensure that it meets the minimum requirements outlined in the Configuration Manager supported configurations, as well as the following installation prerequisites:
First Copy the Installation Folder in to Windows 2008 Server
Start the SCCM 2007 SP2 DVD and click on Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 under Setup
Click on Run the prerequisite checker
Start the SCCM 2007 SP2 DVD and click on Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Review the welcome screen
Choose the first option; Install a Configuration Manager Site server
Next we get to choose the type of installation, as we want to see all the options, choose Custom
For Site Type, stick with the default (primary site)
Decide if you want to participate in CEIP
Specify your key
Select where to install it.
Enter your Site Settings
and Site Code
For the mode type, choose mixed mode (it is easier to setup and we can always migrate to Native mode in the future).
Specify your client agent settings..
Enter your Database server details. (Once you setup the SQL server correctly, this field will automatically get filled. But if you want you can change it)
Specify your SMS provider settings.
Specify the management point.
Decide your TCP port settings. If you want you can keep it as default.
Check for updates
Create a local folder to store these updates if necessary
Updates will be downloaded...
Once done, click Ok to review your settings summary
And click Next to start the prerequisite check (final)
Before going for the installation we have to fix these prerequisites. For that go in to Windows features and Select BITS, WEBDEV and install WSUS Client component.
After a long wait you should see this. Click next to continue.
Reboot the Server.
Now you can log in to SCCM.